Friday, August 11, 2006

Lunar Seventh Month...

I'm not sure if i should be supertituos over the happenning recently.

It's now the 18th day of the chinese seventh month now, also known as the ghost festive month.

My mom used to restrict me from going out late at night during this month, as she say there are alot of "hing tai" arousing, wondering everywhere. To be on the safe side, we were told to stay at home.

Since the starting of seventh month, there was already 3death of someone that i known of.

First, was my very best ex colleague's father passing away on the 4th day of seventh month 28/07/06. He had colon cancer and mild stroke...

Second, also my another ex colleague's, a pantry aunty, husband. On the 14th day of seventh month 07/08/06, he passed away also with colon cancer...

Third, my grandaunt, on the 17th day of seventh month 10/08/06, she rest in peace. She was complaining that she did not feel well, so the kind loving husband immediately called the doctor to come over. But, sadly before the doctor arrive, she drop out. This is really shocking. She was ever healthy, only abit weak, always walking up and down, she even went to Great Wall of China.

Last night, after getting the news, i saw some other people setting up for a funeral too at the deck downstair my flat. I'm not trying to be sensitive, but...it does not feel good.

Summing all situations and wrong feeling together, i felt a chill over me...

I fear, not for myself...but sorry to say fear for my granmother.

She has insisted to come all the way down to Singapore. An old person sending another on the road...bet you know what i am thinking. Try observing this, look at the area around, whether is it people related or non related to you, or in the neighbourhood, if one person started to have incident like this, it would rise like mushroom.

Once when i was in my boyfriend hometown, the same small village, someone passed away. The next day, another few coincidently followed. It is just like a disease, spreading over.

When i was young, i used to see this situations happening, but due to youngness, i was too naive to understand. Still fresh in my mind, i remember the situtation of my grandfather's funeral. On the third day, after we send him off, storm came along. Aluminum roof was blown away, thunder lightning striking non stop. Was it a good or bad sign? Shortly, at least two others, living in the same street of the neighbourhood, followed my grandfather's path.

Yes, undeniable but reluctantly, i am supertituos, very, and i fear alot.......

1 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger ericky said...

yeah use to be scared to go out at night when i was really young

but later years...who cares :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home